Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was not too shabby. Here's why:

-I'm almost done editing the videos from last week's work convention. Lemme tell you, 6 days of hearing the same diatribes about policy, the mess that is California and the gubernatorial race non-stop is enough to make a girl crazy. Luckily, editing is still fun and challenging, so at least the work's interesting.

-I'm re-reading a favorite book of mine on how to be more like Southern Women. I always crave iced tea and a sweet-as-honey drawl when I read it.

-It's my movie night tonight, meaning I get to pick the flick and guess what? It will not be one of the following: IronMan, Spiderman, Batman...any of the "man's" really, StarWars or StarTrek nor will it be any part of any trilogy (I'm looking at you Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones and the Matrix)



And finally....and here's the really cool news:

I was contacted by a previous employer to do some freelance work for a lovely sum. I gladly accepted and am hoping it's just the start I need to bust into the magazine industry. Stepping stones, people. Stepping stones!



Now, the Dirty dozen:



1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?

Hosting would be more fun if I lived in a house. I would love to throw dinner parties, Barbeques and maybe a fun movie night but living in an apartment makes hosting a hassle of finding free parking spots and not enough kitchen/living space.

On the other hand, I do love a good party, are you hosting??

2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.
Too many...my mom was always great at making sure our birthdays were memorable, from the cake, to the party games to the song she would sing us to sleep. But quite possibly the best party I've ever attended, was my wedding. The family was all together celebrating and supporting the huge step Danny and I were taking and the party lasted well into the evening. It was a blast and I have the pictures to prove it.


3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?

To see everyone I love in their happiest, healthiest state. To laugh and love and eat and drink and reminisce on all the good times and never have to say good-bye.

4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?

The warmth....as someone who is always cold, there's nothing better than letting the sun warm your face or your back.

5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?
Bring your own and like I always say "go big or go home" I'll host my first baby shower for Big Sister this fall and I've already started getting ideas.


6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?
Uhm....the meals cooked, duh! "What should we have for dinner?" has been a daily question at my house for as long as I can remember. It would be heavenly if someone would have dinner made and ready for me when I walked through the door.


7. What song describes your mood today?
Mr. Bluesky by ELO...it's my current favorite good mood song

8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)
Most everything, pots and pans, hand towels, bath towels, silverware....it's only been 5 years....on second thought, maybe it's time to buy new stuff....
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?

10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"
Job interviews always make me feel like there's a right answer, I just have to find it. They feel like a pop quiz that I forgot to study for.

11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."
Goldfish, Gummy Bears, Carrots, Ice, M&M's...just about anything bite sized and convenient and yummy.

12. "-----" is the best motivation.
Fear of failure and disappointment. The worst punishment to receive as a child was to be told I had disappointed my mom and dad. The same goes for any superior in my adulthood, I strive to please and exceed expectations.

That's all for now.....tonight's feature: Definitely, Maybe

No comments: