Monday, May 3, 2010

I love it when we're cruisin' together...

Cheesy name for a post, I know, but it was either that or the fortune from tonight's fortune cookie (yum, Chinese for dinner!) which also happens to apply to my life right now. Everyone has always said "You'll know you've found the right fit when it's fun."

I'd better clarify that statement or this post could go south real fast, but I digress, what I'm talking about is excercise.

In high school excercise came in the form of dance. 4 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Modern. You name it, I danced it. After high school, like most adults, I struggled to maintain my svelte, trim figure despite dorm food, college classes, late night study sessions and the stress of working two jobs and being married.

How do you know someone's in love? They gain 15 pounds and they're still happy.

Thus began the year in, year out, monthly new work out regime.
"I will go to the gym everyday and run on the treadmill" - except I always felt like there was no point because I wasn't going anywhere. Ironic? I think not.

"I'll get a personal trainer" (Courtesy of a co-worker whose wife offered a nice discount)- except I felt like she wasn't working me as hard as she could have.

"I'll do the couch to 5k program"- except we started in the fall, and it got too cold, and too rainy to continue. Oh, that and I HATE running.

"I'll look for an adult dance class"- except thanks to DWTS all I could find was ballroom dance, Zumba (wtf?) or aerobic pole dancing (don't get me started..)



That's when I remembered this little beauty rusting and fading in the sun on my back patio:
Add a cute white basket, and you've got my newest hobby!
Husband also has a new ride and together we head out for 3,4, and 6-mile rides around lakes, parks and just around the neighborhood. It's fun, I'm going places and the best part is, I feel strong. Since, as you'll notice, my bike doesn't have gears, that means any hills I go up and over are 100% me powered.

So, share, what do you do to exercise that's also *fun*?

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I LOVE the pink bike---so very you, my dear!! I have my eye on a pink schwinn! We can be twins about a thousand miles apart or so!
PS. Aerobic pole dancing??!!!!!!!!!