Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tag! You're It!

My Lovely Aunt CoCo over at Easy Street tagged me and I have to say thanks for the no-brainer post! Since I don't have enough of a blog family to tag back besides Emma over at Oh No, Emma Dear, I'll just let whoever stumbles upon my lil ol blog to feel free to copy and paste....it's a free post!
You're Welcome!

What’s your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can’t be bothered to be adventurous)?
Hmm...Considering that it's almost ALWAYS that I'm strapped for time/inspiration/ingredients for dinner, the staples we make for dinner are also the ones in regular rotation! The Menu at Chez Wood includes BLT's, Ceasar salad and french bread, Quick and dirty nachos and, Husband's favorite, take and bake pizza. I'm a regular Betty Crocker, no?

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Old, Happy, Wise....oh that's not what you meant? Ideally I'd love to be writing still, possibly for a magazine or if inspiration ever strikes, a book and i'd love to have the flexibility and stability to be able to work from home/shorter hours so that when the time comes to have mini-mes running around I can be there like my mom was for me.

What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?
This is what my nightstand looks like currently:



And yes, I'm in the process of reading or re-reading all of them. I've been known to have a handful of books in the process of being read or re-read for the hundreth time.

How do you relax?
Reading and watching movies is definitely how I unwind. Nothing like focusing on someone else's problems to take the edge of a completely rotten day, right? I also unwind on the commute home, even in bumper to bumper traffic no less! And of course, escaping to the "cabin," otherwise known as Mom and Dad's house, can make a weekend feel like a week's vacation.

What color are the interior walls of your home?
I live in an apartment, I cannot be bothered to paint and decorate, only to take it down a mere 12 mos. later. Therefore, all of our walls are a beige color and I'm ok with that.
Someday, however, I will have a purple living room, a robin's egg blue dining room, a red kitchen and a black and white bedroom and Big Sister will make it all look chic and elegant, just as it looks in my head.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

This week it's Pretzel M&M's and sugar-free popsicles. And always, Diet Coke.
Non food-wise it's magazines, magazines, magazines. I'm pretty sure I single handedly keep the magazine industry afloat....

What time is bedtime and getting up time?
Bedtime for me is usually around 11 p.m. unless I have to get up early (we're talking early like 4 a.m., which I have to do on Fridays) and then it's 10/10:30. Wake-up time during the week is 6:45 so that Husband and I can leave with enough time for the commute to Capitol City and be at work at 8:30.
Weekends are a different story, bedtime is whenever I get tired and can be as late as 1 and 2 a.m. and I wake up anywhere between 9:30 and.....I'm ashamed to admit 11:30.
This lil chicky requires a lot of sleep and I don't have kids yet, so it's OK!

How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
Per day, probably about an hour or so, and I love discovering new blogs and catching up by going through their archives. Some new "friends" I've recently discovered are Scary Mommy, Spontaneous Clapping and Vodka Mom and of course, Easy Street I love it when they post something new and getting to peek into their lives and visit for a bit.

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

You go back to favorite books again and again, too? I don't get people who ony read a favorite once! And gosh, wonder where you get your sleep needs??!!! You can tell you're family! Love ya, girlie!

Meg said...

I never thought of the cause for all my sleep coming from my late night reading....you'd think I'd have thought of that! Of course I'm family, I read your blog and think all the time "Yep, these is my people!" or "OOOHHH so THAT'S where I get it." Makes me miss ya'll, may need to take a road trip one of these days....

Mrs. E said...

Have you ever visited this blog? I think of you every time this lady does one of her fashion posts. Oh, she has such a fashion sense!! I'd kill to wear what she posts. (You might have to go through a few posts to get to the fashion--soooo worth it!)
http://chroniclesofdolliedaydream.blogspot.com/