Friday, August 27, 2010

Ran Doz...Double Edition

Two because that's how long since I've blogged.

Moving On!

1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Depends, at a hole in the wall Taqueria? Burrito, chicken with sour cream, no guac. At a Tex Mex place like Chevy's? Chicken Flautas
and anywhere else? Can't go wrong with fish tacos

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
On most assignments I'd get started right away, that is, after my 3-4 hours of dance a night...I never really had time for procrastination.

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
Ikea, Target, Home Goods and Z Gallerie (for dreaming)

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
I didn't get them all that often, but I remember loving Chicken Patty day (eeew), and Salad Bar Day. In high school, Big Sister and I would sometimes split a Bubba's Bagle-wich or slice of pizza when tuna fish sandwiches and strawberry yogurt (well past its expiration date) were too much to stomach. Most days however, our brown bagged lunches were delish!

5. Is religion a crutch?
I think it can be, I think it can be a scapegoat, a crutch and something to blame. On the other hand it can be a powerful source of strength and inspiration...now if we could just figure out how to make all religions more tolerant, or for some, more tolerable.

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
Uhm...Football I guess, although the only reason I ever went was to see the marching band play.
Ok I lied! It was to see my boyfriend and sneak kisses on the bleachers -I'm such a cliche-

7. Do you consider yourself rich?
Very

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire

In a moment of crisis, either CPR or the Heimlich. I could probably figure out how to change a flat, but that's why I have roadside assistance folks!

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing

Brace yourself people, I *already* know hip hop.

Have you caught your breath from picturing a white chick like me crumpin' and bumpin' yet?? Good, let's move on...

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
I suppose that I was fired, I was so humiliated, embarrassed, confused and sad. Please LORD let that be the worst news I'll ever have to deliver...

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.

God only gives you what you can handle, and some are just built to handle more than others, and that just when something you've put your blood, sweat and tears in falls apart, you find that you were accomplishing far more important things along the way, you just weren't looking hard enough.

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
From ELO's Mr. Bluesky:
Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for


Play it again DJ! aka Week 2:
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food? Job's Daughter's corndogs...mmm...

2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Feelings of pent up resentment and bitterness....easier said than done

3. What is your favorite gift to receive?
Time, a gift best learned from my parents. There is nothing better to give and receive than memories, for those are what last longest.

4. When was the last time you tried something new?
I recently tried a bison burger, and barbacoa, the bison? Yum! The barbacoa? meh...

5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre?
Memoir, Mystery, Political Intrigue, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, Chick Lit, Self-Help, Other

I can only pick ONE?! OK top 3, no 5, no wait 6...ok 7
Memoir, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, chick lit and self help...can we add etiquitte?

6.Silver or Gold?
Gold

7. What makes you sigh?
My husband, being with my family, Diet Coke after a long day

8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are?
Some days, 22, some days 45....depends

9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one?
Definitely

10. If you had to teach something, what would it be?
Reading or english

11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do?
Nip it in the bud as soon as possible and banter back with positive attributes for every negative thing they say...

12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love?
Quality Time
Physical Touch
Acts of Service
Gifts
Words of Affirmation

I think all of these are my prominant means of experiencing love, with the last one being gifts....the others certainly trump all material items. Can't buy me love....ok you can a little, as long as it sparkles.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

And on that last one...as long as it fits really well!!! : )