Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Joy of Love

I found The Joy of Love through the grapevine of blogs that I read on a regular basis. This month long project was a photography class of sorts that would allow me to practice my photography and learn a bit more about lighting, ISO, fstops and shutter speeds and it sounded perfect.


The assignment is simple, find a person, people or animal that you love and photograph it daily for a month based on the daily prompts.

I have decided to spend the month photographing Husband, as he is the only person I see first thing in the morning and the last person I see when I go to bed at night (this is, at times, both a good thing and a bad thing– kidding). Granted, along the way I’ll likely spend some time photographing my sisters, Baby E, my parents and my cats in the name of the Joy of Love project, but at the end of the month, I hope to compile all of my photographs for a gift for Husband. Just as a reminder that, lest he forget, there is no greater joy than being in love with him.

So for the next month, this blog will be mostly devoted to this photography assignment. I can promise you there will be not-so-great photos, hopefully some really spectacular ones, some sappy blogging on my part (keep a barf bag nearby), and, I can only hope, some inspiration for you readers to keep your eyes peeled for whatever you love that brings you joy.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!