1. Korres Quince Lip balm- Has a nice berry tint that layers beautifully with chapstick or gloss. Plus it leaves nothing behind when smooching baby cheeks.
2. Lansinoh- sure the bottle may say it's for your sore nips, but what this gunk is best for is chapped lips. I swear, I carry a tube of this EVERYWHERE. I also have a tube on my nightstand that I apply most nights and my lips are baby soft by morning. Husband, who is a chronic chapstick
3. Dry Shampoo- Sometimes I shower everyday, sometimes I shower every other. I've been using Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo. On days that I don't shower, it keeps the greasies at bay. On days that I did shower and wash my hair, I use it to boost volume and add body and....keep the greasies at bay. It has a distinct smell which isn't bad, but, well, it's a smell. I kinda like it but Monster said she could taste it and she wasn't anywhere near me when I sprayed it. So there's that.....
4. Spin Pins/Hair ties- Little Bird has gotten handsy in the last half of her first quarter. Making dangly earrings, nice jewelry and long hairstyles out of the question. These guys are amazing, but I have a tendency to lose them so I keep a backup pair at home. I just got This in my May Birchbox and so far am in lurve. Just not with the pricetag, I'm pretty sure I saw a 3-pack Goody or Scunci brand at Target for $3.50....might have to go pick some up.
5. Yes to Cucumbers Makeup Remover Towelettes- Because sometimes it's all a mama can do to wash her face before falling into bed. It's just a bonus that these smell awesome and have anti-aging properties.
6. Baby Wipes- for the usual and intended purposes, yes, but also because these are great for multiple purposes. I keep a pack of uncented at my desk and use them to wash my hands when I do my makeup at my desk, wipe up errant spit up stains that I failed to notice splattered across my pants while I was getting dressed and to do a quick swipe of the armpits when I realize I've forgotten, again, to put on deoderant. :/ Also, trade secret? We regularly had a supply of these at J.Crew for getting makeup and lipstick off of clothes that had been tried on by makeup spackled faces.....you know the type. I'm telling you, next to magic erasers, these are awesome.
7. International House Iced Coffee- Just because the baby sleeps through the night (yay!) doesn't mean Mama does. Between night sweat, those pregnancy hormones are still on their way out taking the last of my extra pregnancy hair with them, Mama spidey sense on high alert and just general first-time Mama fears and worries means that I'm lucky to get 4 hours of interrupted sleep*. Which means I survive the day by grazing healthy (ish) snacks and downing diet coke or iced coffee by the barrel. And I'm sure I didn't tell you, but my money tree died and I can't afford a daily iced grande, nonfat, upside down, light ice, extra caramel, Caramel Macchiato. (yes that's my real order. Relax, I was a barista for 2 years, that's nothing)
**Fun fact: I have woken myself up staring at the baby monitor. As in, I was asleep, grabbed the monitor, sat up in bed and stared at it before waking up completely.
8. Clinical Strength Deoderant- Apply two clicks at night before bed (when your body temperature is at its peak) and you still smell fresh and clean in the morning. I still usually apply a regular strength unscented in the morning, for insurance, but there are days that I forget and I don't smell a difference come 2 o'clock.
A quick, chic updo- Because sometimes after getting up at 4:30 to feed, then pump, doing your hair, or hell, even a shower just ain't happenin'. See also Dry Shampoo. I've been sporting these two:
|Super Secret Hair Style Trick |
hint: Google Sock Bun