Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm back! (sorta)

The bird is down for a nap.... we'll see how long this lasts/how much I can get written.
It'll be a social experiment!
Take one very tired, very frazzled new mom who barely has a vocabulary beyond boobs, nipples, poopy, paci, baby, shhh, and the lyrics to whatever lullaby works that particular day and ask her to compose a few cohesive sentences/thoughts.
This should be fun.
And by fun I mean interesting.

If I don't post for awhile it's because I had a baby. Any houseplants that were gifted to me in the last month or so (2- a holly bush and a phaleanopsis orchid) have died a slow and thirsty death. I'm not sure how old the milk in the refrigerator is. The laundry is piled up to mid-thigh range, there's a layer of dust coating most surfaces and my once brown sofa/chair is now a mousy grey brown color due to a hearty layer of cat hair.

On the plus side, the baby is still alive! So in light of it all, I'm pretty sure when it comes to housework and parenting, I'm winning.....so there's that.

No comments: