Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I’m Loving Wednesday

Look at me! Two weeks in a row! Can I get a woot, woot?!

Here’s a sampling of what made my heart a flutter this week:

I love this recent picture of
Husband, he's so cute!

Husband: Ok, this is kind of a copout answer because he always makes my heart a flutter. But hear me out. I love how easy going and selfless this guy is. There is no such thing as inconveniencing my husband; I don’t think the word exists in his vocabulary. I’m serious! From getting up an hour to two hours before he has to to make my lunch for work, to hauling a lawn mower across town to help out my recently-moved grandparents, he does it all for the smile it puts on peoples’ faces. The first words out of his mouth in the morning, when I get home from work and just before bed is “what can I do for you, baby?” The kicker? He means it. I don’t know what my mother-in-law did to raise such a good man, but whatever it is, it needs to be taught in schools. The world would be a much better place (not to mention cuter) if everyone were more like Husband.


The view on my way home...nothin' but
blue sky and open road. Aahh





My new route home: There is a very obvious shift in moods when I take the shorter, more trafficky route home as opposed to the longer, but less traveled (by the greater population) route home. I arrive home calmer, in a better mood and ready to start my evening when I take the barren route home because I can jump on the highway, crank up the radio, or not and drive a consistent 75 mph the entire way home rarely seeing another car on the road. Side note: yes the thought has crossed my mind if I were ever to crash into a phone pole, drive into a ditch or run out of gas on this route home, but husband would know where to look for me and, Bonus! At least I’d die smiling and happy and not stressed out.


Beginning work on Baby Girl’s room: There’s something about getting that first coat of paint on and seeing some of her clothes hanging in her closet and her bassinet all set up that makes this whole thing seem more real. Last night when we were painting to a soundtrack of Louie Armstrong and Otis Redding and the song “My Girl” came on and husband starting singing it and I suddenly saw him singing to our daughter who will be here in just a few short months and the idea took my breath away. We made a baby. MIND=BLOWN.


These nifty hair buggers: I remember seeing these when they first came out and thought “how the heck do they work?” I’d been curious to try them, but unwilling to spend the $4 to find out I was disappointed or that they were a gimmick. So I waited and glanced longingly at them whenever I happened to pass down the hair aisle in Target. So it was just my luck when Ginger Snap bought a pair and said they didn’t work for her but that I was welcome to them if I wanted. I don’t think a day has gone by where I haven’t had them in my hair for some portion of time. They are pretty amazing. And anything that can hold up my mess of hair that drives me out of my ever-loving mind sometimes, without the use of hairclips that create kinks or a million bobby pins that pinch and pull is tops in my book.


Sending Mommy Dearest to a much needed, much deserved and long overdue massage: I hope she enjoyed the crap out of it. If anyone needed it, it was her and I was more than happy to do that for her. Love you mom!



1 comment:

melinda said...

I enjoyed my massage so much, I scheduled another one in a month. I can't thank you enough for letting me use your gift certificate. You have no idea how it helped me!
I love the new reading material. Keep it up!!